View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 12:18   Link #79
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm curious as to what role the Berkut will play; we see a UN F-16 and a maroon MiG-29 (probably the OVT) just before the Berkut shows up and starts pwning everything.

Also, note that in the opening it's standing on top of Tarisa's Shiranui Niigata Unit 2.

What worries me is that without Cryska to keep her stable, Inia's solo sortie in the Terminator is going to have very bad effects on her psyche.

Also, I'm facepalming at the RLF. Then again, it's not like terrorist groups IRL haven't done extremely short sighted things in the name of their ideology. And to be fair, it was a pretty good plan they had going there, infiltrating Yukon. I don't think they took over all the MPs, but they had infiltrators in key positions, and prepared with UN uniforms, which gives the impression that all the MPs on base have been suborned by them.

As for the story... I think to an extent that may be a weakness of the original medium. Certainly the average manga reader isn't going to be keen on picking up a book on test piloting, hence the usual elements getting shoehorned in.

I believe in miracles.