Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-23, 08:44   Link #943
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Is it me or did the art/animation improve lately? Maybe that's a result of the upcoming change to a better timeslot in April 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
On another note, I thought the scene with the gun was also strange. To hand a 9mm semiautomatic to a person who, being Japanese, has probably never owned or even shot a gun seems absurd. I doubt shooting practice is part of JAXA training, or probably even training at NASA. To assume that Nitta or Serika or Mutta could shoot a rattlesnake is just ridiculous. There's a much greater chance that they or another member of the party would be shot.
Maybe that IS part of the test, to see how and if they use a gun despite the fact they don't know how to handle it. I mean, the advisor took quite a few days to hand it over to the group, making it feel like it's not an essential tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Good episode, though, I'm not sure what could happen that makes Nitta so dramatically want to leave the group like that. Is his brother suicidal?
Like others have said, he's probably a hikikomori who's already on his 20's, at least, and Nitta and his family are trying a last shot to make him move on.
Maybe Nitta feels like he owes his brother for something he did to him in the past? It gave me this feeling when his mother asked him to be careful on the phone and Nitta said he's not the same guy anymore. In any case, we're definitely missing pieces of the puzzle.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote