View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 08:19   Link #28853
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnonymous View Post
The bigger problem for me is that Ryukishi's definition of love seems to be the most twisted thing in the entire series. If I can't lift a set of weights, it isn't "love" if I imagine myself juggling those same weights, or create a persona of myself that can. That's called "being an idiot/weak/unable to handle the truth".

Being without love(And Bernkastel was obviously lying when she said that - just watch any of her conversations with Lambdadelta, especially in Cross) in the Ryukishi sense is actually a positive trait. Erika's boyfriend WAS cheating on her, Yasu was stuck in a twisted and deformed body incapable of love(and deluding herself when trying to have a relationship with George), etc etc. "Love" makes you see things that aren't there - it is a bad thing to be full of that particular brand of love.
It's only the second most twisted thing actually, after "lying to the world about a potential mass murder (or not telling everyone it was just an accident and allowing them to speculate it was a mass murder) is totally okay if you're trying to protect one person who can make her own damn decisions."

But yes, I was waiting for the "but" in the whole discussion about how wonderful and magical self-delusion is, but all you get out of following that conversation thread is Ange turning into a stone-cold mofo. So apparently that's just the moral, deluding yourself is good. Nothing good ever came out of Maria starting to accept the reality of her relationship with her mother and she should've just gone on pretending it was messed up and never actually matured and realized her mother wasn't perfect or monstrous and tried to repair the relationship in any realistic sense. Even though, had she grown up, that's something she simply would have to have accepted and dealt with. The world does not actually permit an eternal retreat into fantasy, nor should it.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote