View Single Post
Old 2006-10-02, 00:32   Link #10
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
The story in episode one was OK, but that disgusting hyper-bishounen fanservice really put me off.
There was no fanservice at all, really. The men are attractive, of course, but that's because it's based off of a dating sim. But the girls are equally vibrant and attractive, so does that mean there was bishoujo fanservice too? It's a shoujo series, so of course EVERYONE is going to look unusually pretty.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode! (but then again I played the game it was based on before seeing this so seeing the characters/events/settings come to life was more than enough to make me excited through the whole thing)

I was worried that it would be too plain, but they really did a good job.

The music is beautiful. I love classical instruments and music. Watching the characters play them is so nice~ (reminds me of the bubbly feeling I got when watching Tamaki play the piano in Ouran High).

The animation is excellent (especially for a shoujo series! Shoujo anime done this well are so rare!). The art is just my cup of tea, too -- the art is sharp and attractive. It's a happy medium that's perfect for me. A style that's not-too-cutesy while not-too-realistic. Eyes, hair, and motion are all animated fluidly throughout the entire episode.

The characters look dull and generic at first but are all quite likable. Their personalities shine and intrigue me. They even made the fairy more likable than he was in the game! So cute~ TwT

I enjoyed this a lot! Please, someone... for the love of shoujo, SUB THIS! *beg*

Looks like this will be perfect for filling the empty void left by Ouran High ending...

(oh, by the way: the first volume of the manga was JUST released in English by Viz this week. Did Viz time it like this on purpose, I wonder...?!)

Video previews:
Commercial
Anime Opening
Commercial for the video game

Last edited by domino; 2006-10-02 at 00:43.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote