View Single Post
Old 2008-08-20, 18:25   Link #1582
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Schneizel's calming reaction comes after the three of them are surprised. So I'm not sure what your talking about, because his calm demonour so suddenly after being caught off guard is the same as your revered smirk you keep mentioning. A person who picks himself up that quickly has something more to add, if he did not he'd have been like Cornelia, protesting the idea not stopping it. I do not know what literature you've read, but when people act collect so quickly after being surprised means (usually) that they have further things up their sleaves than what was already put on the table.

Did you think the way they killed Nunally was unfitting for a character of her importance? It was sudden and unexpected but I found it fitting. I think this is more a conflict of preference than actual presentation. As I said before, there is little on the table for you to explicitly state that he wanted Lelouch alive. You are speculating that he did based on past actions but those actions failed everytime because Lelouch would escape. Do you not think it reasonable for a man like Schneizel who wants to win to learn and correct this problem? Especially when Lelouch is of little use to him?

Sure we all knew he wasn't going to die there, and I agree that it was to set up Rolo, but I do not agree that it was somehow out of character or incorrectly done. I was completely unsurprised by the course of action the Order took. As I said, this is a conflict of preference not presentation. Just because I like the scene makes it correctly done for my taste, since you do not like it it is not to your taste. This is a question of jaded views and preference nothing more.

Seeing as how letters can equal whatever the fuck I want them too, I think that equation works just fine.

First I'll quote other people who summed it up pretty well:

I find it silly for you to tell me that I misread the scene as if you some how have a monopoly and justification on 'what is right'. I saw what I saw, as I said preference and jadedness. I believe they were incredibly paranoid, in fact I think that is what Schneizel was doing when talking to them, working off their paranoia and fear to make them betray Zero. You saw them react negatively when he said that even he could be Geassed and they all started wondering if they themselves had been Geassed. There was clear paranoia there. And unlike Schneizel, they have no idea how the Geass work beyond a loose mention by Schneizel, therein I find your conjecture of them not being paranoid just because they did not wear 'sunglasses' completely irrelevant.

As for Diethard, did you miss the fact that he was the one who tried to stand up for Zero? The man was the least taken by Schneizel's bullshit but when the majority rules he had little choice. Hence why he was holding a camera, not a gun. The man had his own initiative, he did not care about Geass, he just had his story.

You're stretching this to make it overly negative when there is enough presented for one to easily argue that what occured is easily feasible.

I'm also at work.
Wait under the Order wonders about Orange and his supposed "Geass", then we'll be seeing betrayal within the Order and Britannia since they collaborated together to get Lelouch DOA. Remember that Asahina brought up a good point about Jeremiah and Rolo being so close to Zero while they are left in the dark. Toudou took heart to Asahina's advice.

Diethard just decided to end the story with Lelouch's death since all of the evidence presented is pointing at Zero (He would be betrayed as well for getting info. from Jeremiah and Viletta without telling them, as you can see from the expressions of Toudou, Chiba, and Tamaki). Unfortunately, both sides fail to grasp the big picture and Lelouch's side of the story.

It's like the witch-hunt all over again because of Geass' unnatural powers and Zero's past actions of killing both friend and foe. I wouldn't be surprised if there are deserters and traitors from both organizations because of being close to Lelouch. We'll just wait and see what these last six episodes will bring.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote