View Single Post
Old 2009-04-21, 22:10   Link #486
sakuraame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zangetsu View Post
It's because Ishin knew the truth about what happened. He knew Aizen is the one who caused their hollowification. Urahara was involved however by using the Hongyoku(forget what it was spelled like)to stop them from being totally hollowfied thus the vizard were stuck halfway. This would imply that either he didn't know and Urahara told him about it or he kept tabs on Aizen and already knew what he was up to. I believe though that there was another report from Soul Society later on. Read after this next quote to know what I mean.
Isshin's statements points to the fact that he doesn't know the truth behind the story of the Vizards. If he did, he would never call them criminal shinigami. This actually makes me question how much, or how little, Isshin actually knows. He probably knows about the existence of the Hougyoku and Aizen's betrayal, but probably not about the true story on the Vizards and thus doesn't know exactly how far back Aizen's treachery extends. If he knew, he would have to know about Urahara's background. Their stories in Vizard history are so intertwined that only knowing one part wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zangetsu View Post
I would guess that Central 46 originally thought they became complete hollows or died. Once they discovered that they were alive they wanted them dead so as to bury what happened or because they could present a danger to Soul Society. The Vizards found out the situation and they left Soul Society before they can be pursued.
I'm not sure what Central 46 thinks about the Vizard now... or then I guess since they're all dead... but they didn't think that the Vizard were dead. Less than 24 hours lapsed between the beginning of the hollowifcation process and the Urahara and Tessai's sentencing and Tessai had used a forbidden kido spell to freeze their time (I think...). Plus, scouts actually reported as finding "evidence of hollowification experiments" at the 12th division so they were very much alive. At Urahara and Tessai's sentencing they were immediately ordered to be treated as hollows, even though they weren't fully hollow at this point, and exterminated. Urahara was supposed to be stripped of his powers and exiled to the living world and Tessai was supposed to be imprisoned. The Vizards themselves never decided to leave, since they were unconscious/in no condition to make any sort of decision at the time. It was Yourichi that carried them to the safety of the cave under the Soukyoku and saved Urahara and Tessai from Central 46. It was at this point that Urahara announces that he's going to create gigai for all of them so they can escape and figure something out.

I'm curious to see what happened after (how Urahara eventually helps the Vizards, how the Vizards gain control, whether they're in special gigais that they never leave, like how Urahara never seems to leave a gigai but normal people seem to be able to see them and he can materialize his zanpaktou, etc.) and how Isshin comes into play and how he meets Urahara. There is such a huge chunk of time that is missing.

Last edited by sakuraame; 2009-04-21 at 22:20. Reason: incorrect memory about Tessai and Urahara's original sentencing