View Single Post
Old 2009-09-06, 16:28   Link #69
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Any theories on what Eva wants with Horo? Use her to set up a new deal with the church?
Sure, I'll bite..

Based on the fansubs, and the fact that she seems to have been watching Horo and Lawrence since they entered town, there are a number of possibilities.. but they are of course all conjecture.

If Abe/Eva is being honest, then she has cooked up a scheme by which she can escape her situation by "selling" Horo in some clever way we'll hear about in the next episode. It's hard to believe her, however, given that she's concealed her true identity and keeps questionable company.

If Abe/Eva is being dishonest, then it's quite likely she knows Lawrence won't give up Horo. That means she can easily extort Lawrence for money if she can convince him that she's serious.

There are two immediate possibilities. Firstly, she has ties to the church, probably through Rigolo. It's fully possible that she knows about Horo (given how careless Horo's been acting). The other possibility is that she's thinking of selling Horo as a slave (which fits the generally dank and depressing feeling of the city).

I'm not sure what to think about Rigolo or the old innkeeper yet, but neither of them seem like they are being at all genuine. If they are all working together, then I'm pretty sure Lawrence and Horo are already in trouble. They seem capable of a great deal of mischief.

Poor Lawrence, though! He doesn't even have to try anymore, he just has to say hello to a couple of people and danger comes running.