View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 16:42   Link #18
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Who's saying this new BLOOD series has to be dark and more realistic? That's basically what the fans want to see based on the past works, though it can be anything it wants to be.
I guess I should've said "supposedly" instead of "supposed to." Yes, it can be whatever it wants. I was just commenting based on what the Blood franchise has produced and what CLAMP has done. Blood+ is hardly dark and realistic when compared to other works, but it's still more down to earth than the fantasy-driven stories that CLAMP usually does (at the very least, it's very different from the stuff that they normally write). And considering that there's already been at least one spinoff, you get a general feel of what the franchise is.

But yes, I suppose this new one could be something lighter and more shounen-like as opposed to Last Vampire and even Plus. After all, Gundam had all those Universal Century shows, and then G Gundam came out. I'm sure the faithful were first appalled (and maybe they still are).

It would certainly be a little shock if I.G chose to do something like that. For myself, what I like isn't normally limited to genres or demographics even, so I could care less if this turns out to be something more like The Last Vampire or if it's DBZ-like. If I like what I see, I'll continue watching. If not, it's on my ignore list.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote