View Single Post
Old 2012-11-05, 02:35   Link #9030
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
NIce chap, but I don't think Hayate would leave Nagi just like that since she gave her inheritance so he could go and save a girl
I don't think he needs to leave Nagi alone to also be able to pursue things in life outside of her duties as a butler.

Notice that one of the developments in this manga has been Nagi getting in contact with the more common things in (Japanese) life, as opposed to the secluded bubble she used to know. She isn't being chased as she used to be. She has lots of friends and even a dream she's after (though in a very half-hearted way). She's still rich, not as much as before, but she can now enjoy far more things and doesn't need to be a shut-in.

Given those developments, it is no longer necessary for Hayate to be 24/7 around her, as she has far more people now that cares and will look out for her, in addition to Nagi learning her own way in the world (though very slowly). So, Hayate should be able to pursue his own goals outside of his responsibilities as a butler.

I don't know how this will develop. For all we know, it reinforces even further Hayate's stance as Nagi's butler, but I'd really like Hata to write Hayate realising he wants more than just being a butler.