Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 14:02   Link #3653
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
[/images]

Snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
If they were fighting a bunch of nincompoops that would work fine, but no such luck on that part even with Anzio, let alone Kuromine...
It requires that they at least sacrifice some tanks to see what's up on the other side, and they can't approach it without potentially having an Oorai tank in a dead angle.

As well, Kuromine is very Tank Destroyer-heavy. Forcing them into a close-range fight with all but the 89 and the B1 would thin out their ranks and give them fewer vehicles to work with.

My memory is faulty, but I think both the Jagdpanzer 38(t) and the Panzer IV, as well as the StuG and Lee's 75mm could potentially penetrate a Koenigstiger and Jagdtiger from the side, as well as the Jagdpanther and Jagdpanzers, and the Panther was given trouble by 14.5mm rifles - a 75mm L/48 could cut one open pretty easily from the side, and the hill means their mobility is limited. As well, indirect fire is a no-go, because Oorai'd definately be in the "Artillery Shadow" if you will.

Of course, Oorai is on the side of the hill closest Kuromine's firing positions. The hill, and getting whatever tanks they could over it (including the Flag, the Pz.IV) could probably spare a fair amount of their tanks.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote