View Single Post
Old 2006-09-28, 18:40   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Excellent analysis, Zaris. I have to admit, despite the fact that I've been known to get into some pretty long analysis myself in certain situations, I was a bit skeptical when approaching your post. (The fact that you had a table of contents didn't help ease my apprehension! ) That being said, I can accept your analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
That said, I certainly wish that the series was an hour long show. But I have never seen hour-long anime before in my life, and the fact that this is a fan-made show presented in Japan at practically 3 in the morning makes it understandably an unrealistic and risky endeavor.
It would be an interesting idea, though I agree that it'd certainly be a true rarity. I'd be curious to see how such a move would have altered the pacing - if the show would have been better as 26 full-hour episodes, would it have worked equally well as 52 half-hour segments? Pacing is a funny thing. Of course, that's not to mention the impact on other aspects of the production, animation, and so on. As it stands, and as you pointed out as well, I felt the series composition staff certainly did an admirable job given the constraints. The plot felt a bit "tight", but they managed to cover a lot of ground, and cover it fairly well.

However, what do you mean by "a fan-made show"? When I think "fan-made", I'm thinking a bunch of amateurs putting something together in their spare time because they want to; couldn't be further from the truth here.

Anyway, perhaps I'll have my own set of thoughts to post some day, but again I would say that I can accept your analysis and conclusions. I really enjoyed this show.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote