View Single Post
Old 2006-10-23, 11:51   Link #212
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
I wouldn't place much worth on the comments about Playstation's hardware-reliability, since it would make no sense to sell broken items. It seems like some just love dissing Sony for any reason. Their consoles have been a huge success and sold millions, so naturally there are some Sunday-items among the 41 million consoles. If it's broken, you can always replace it for free.
Er, you're not listening. I will repeat it again, one last time for you. Sony has been selling unreliable hardware for two console generations. They have been taken to court over this ( http://www.ps2settlement.com/ ). One of the problems was that they were not replacing broken units for free.

This is documented fact. This is not some anti-Sony bias. Saying Sony didn't do this does not magically make it untrue. Two generations now Sony has delivered flakey hardware at launch. It is only prudent to approach the purchase of a third console from them with due caution, especially when the price is so high this time around.

Quote:
@ Radd

Thanks of the advertising speech, but it's the actions that matter, not the hype.
You must be confused. You either horribly misread my post, or read some other post and mistakenly directed the reply to me. My last post was a rundown on the actions taken by Sony and Nintendo over the past generation or two, and pointing out how Sony's actions differ with this current generation.

On the topic of "mature" rated games, do we need to have the entire tree of causality for the Gamecube and Xbox's lack of developer support compared to that of the PS2 detailed out at length yet again? Heck, do we really need to point out that the PS2 has far more games than the Gamecube?