Thread: Crunchyroll Fortune Arterial
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-08, 15:55   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Still, the pacing was definitely fast - not quite so much as to say rushed, but the episode certainly covered a lot of different events all over the place, enough to make them feel somewhat "flat". I guess they wanted to get the setup out of the way from the get go while ending the episode on that specific cliffhanger (totally expected it ), so they had to find a way to fit all of the mandatory events and character introductions up to that point.
Yeah, I made this comment elsewhere, but it reminds me of an "on-rail shooter" or something -- everything was so conveniently connected that it feels like the story itself is pushing you from one location to the next just so they can touch on all the major points they had to cover. There was literally no "breathing room" in the story at all; it just went from point A to point B to point C as efficiently as possible. Just consider the sequence from the cafeteria scene on as an example:

Spoiler for Episode 1:
I think that when they planned the episode, they must have used a map with waypoints. (It's good on the one hand that they're trying to be true to the game's events, but sometimes cutting a few things may not be so bad...)