View Single Post
Old 2017-03-10, 01:30   Link #123
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
EDIT: I've thought about it and compared it to a few Muse songs, and an idea I had since the first time I played the two songs back to back remains. Back in ep2, Chika said she wanted to make a song like Yume no Tobira and Happy Party Train's first two minutes really give me the same feeling as Yume no Tobira.
Yume no Tobira from Happy Party Train? Honestly I don't feel it. If you look outside of Love Live and go towards idolm@ster, HPT reminds me a bit of Hoshikuzu no Symphonia. Also, these singles don't exist in the anime canon (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And the problem get's worse if there are always certain very popular girls who always make it to the top three, but can't quite win the center. Hanamaru and Yohane are probably the two most prominent examples right now, and the longer they don't win the Center, the longer they'd remain in the top three because these girls have rather.... huge and fanatical fanbases. In part, it's because King and Aikyan have two of the best voices in Aqours.... which basically means that the part of their fanbase who love their singing is basically locked in for what is probably most of the lifespan of Aqours.
You're thinking too much into it. Umi from the OG never once got a centre song. Mimorin was hugely a more popular seiyuu before she was cast into Love Live, and was a far better singer from the start. If anything, the fanbase can be unpredictable.

Quote:
Is it because Guilty Kiss is seen as the successor of Bibi among large portions of the sub-unit following fanbase and it is Bibi fans (by the way, Bibi songs at the end of Muse's lifespan were out streaming their other sub-units by large margins, though GK's margin is even larger) literally transferring their loyalty to Guilty Kiss as worthy successor in a way the other sub-units might not be doing?
It was at the start, but once the fans got round to understanding the dynamics of the group based on things like the anime, magazines, radio drama, short stories etc..., Guilty Kiss became a different beast altogether. I mean you have 2 eccentric girls and 1 girl who is the only voice of reason forming the group. It helps that the songs they were given hit it off with the group's theme and dynamic.

Quote:
We need more songs like Thrilling One Way. It's my opinion that these kinds of hard rock songs really bring out the strength of many of Aqours singers compared to the normal kinds of songs Aqours does - Aikyan is one huge beneficiary, but so to are other singers like Suwawa, Ainya and Shuuka.
Eh honestly I won't want that to be a repeat. If anything, Thrilling One Way sounds too much like a typical anime song even if the song is fantastic.