Thread: Licensed Btooom!
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 09:39   Link #576
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I would have understood Ryouta getting so angry with Oda if Ryouta had been upset that Aiko was crying and blamed that on him. But Ryouta wasn't upset about that, he was upset about being betrayed, and so I don't think his actions in beating up Oda were justified. Oda didn't steal Aiko from him. Ryouta was a guy who didn't even have the guts to ask Aiko out, who had told Oda he wasn't going ask her out. And Oda had told Ryouta that people who don't act lose their chance, and that that's the difference between them. Yet Ryouta goes to beat the guy up in righteous fury about the humiliation and betrayal from Oda sleeping with...a girl that Ryouta wasn't in a relationship with, and didn't want to try asking out. Man, Ryouta, you suck. Oda wasn't being a good friend there, but Ryouta definitely went too far.
It hurts a lot to get betrayed by a person you wholly trusted. Ryouta just snapped. His anger overcame his reason. His actions may not have been justified, but they are understandable.

Quote:
Ryouta's trust for Date seemed odd. I can understand him trusting Himiko, and after what they've been through I can understand him trusting Taira - although he didn't trust Taira firmly at first. It seemed overly convenient that this ep, we were told for the first time in that flashback that Ryouta's the type who's like a kid who believes whatever someone says. Date must have charisma and persuasion skills, but that stuff Ryouta said about "If we're going to survive on this island, it's important to trust people. And if you don't start by trusting them, they won't ever really trust you" was just rubbish. It only works if the other person isn't planning to kill you. Ryouta should at least have not told Date about the 3 chips at first.
It's not all that odd. Date took care of Taira even though he had seemingly no reason to, he readily shared his food with them, and Ryouta has ascertained Date hadn't been playing the game before they met. At his point, he has no real reason to distrust him. I agree he is too trusting though. He should have waited before telling him about the three chips. He should also give more credence to Himiko's words. When she told him Date attempted to kill her, he should considered she was right instead of dismissing it right away as paranoia.