View Single Post
Old 2016-07-03, 11:27   Link #2
FFTHEWINNER

Guys,i posted these to enjoy some nice discussion(with no spoilers)about them lol. please share your thoughts

First new thoughts:

reached until beatrice resigns from the"Boxes and cookies"discussion(lol).

i have been reading some old discussions here about the 1st two episodes(didnt get spoiled,since i only read the official episode 1 and 2 episode topics). thought i'd post some things that stuck to my mind as responses to most of the theories that were offered:

-any reader who finished both episodes and still denies the existence of beatrice the witch(NOT weather or not she was responsible for the killings,but her existence in the first place)is,imo,kidding themselves. even from episode one that much was obvious. otherwise how would battler see the dead and talk to them?how would he see the witch and talk to her?how do you explain berncastel?going into episode two,the simple fact that battler is rewinding the events,being inside them again,breathing again,talking with beatrice about them,etc.denying that beatrice was directly/indirectly responsible for some/most/all of the killings isnt impossible,but denying her entire existence is.

-the beatrice in the game in episode 2 IS the same beatrice the witch,not a fake. it is her"existence inside the game"just like battler has his. this is confirmed in red text,as beato said in red"the key I gave to maria".

-many theories claimed that clearly magical scenes only took place with people who die in the scene being the only ones who see them,thus they are a lie. that statement is false. the candy turned to butterflies then got fixed infront of rosa and rosa didnt die.genji stabbed the golden butterfly and didnt die.even battler saw butterflies in the ending(the claim that he was drunk doesnt work,as the game its self says that he wasnt).
furthermore,some say that the phrase"the witch answered ALL of battler's questions,and explained EVERYTHING to him"means that the"magic scenes"were her explanation,but that contradicts what the phrase its self said. Battler asked about much more than the "how". he asked many,many more questions that we werent shown the answer to. yet the witch answered EVERYTHING. so the magic scenes cant be her answer.
however,i am NOT saying that everything we see is 100% the truth. like battler,i am not proving that X is correct,but that Y isnt correct .

-a ton of people wondered and guessed about the contents of the beatrice letter that natsuhi read. that is weird,because it was clearly stated in-game. natsuhi says"i accept your offer to a duel"and "beatrice,who claims to succeed the head",so it is pretty obvious that the letter contained a challenge for a duel to determine who the next head is and for the honor of the Ushyromiya name.(on a side note,Natsuhi is genuinely the best human in the game,personality wise. her personality is admirable in everyway. it is quite sad how she is treated. she is quite beautiful too,and is clearly smart considering how she manages a ton of things instead of krauss(like we see in her conversations with him)so she is pretty much the total package for a wife lol).

as for thoughts about episode 3 events so far,here are some:

-what is the name"Beatrice"?it cant be a last name,as the discussion was between friends. no honorifics were used,so no way that last names were used. it seems like"Beatrice"isnt a name but a title. a title that the person who the current"Beatrice"chooses as her(main)apprentice will receive when the current one dies,maybe like "Cesar"Or"Pharaoh". another,more likely,possibility is that,whatever your name was beforehand,it will be completely erased and your name WILL be beatrice if you are chosen as the successor and the current one dies. having that name basically signifies that you are"the one".

-The "previous Beatrice"seems like she was a truly great woman. that might change when we are shown more about here,so i will wait. what concerns me more though is how young"current beato"acted in the scene. there is a complete 180degree contrast between young pure hearted beato who only wanted to fix things and make the world a better place,and current sadistic destructive beato who LOVES the misery of people. this contrast fits nicely into my"Two Beatrices: Old,Good,Kinzo's,Beatrice and Current,evil,beatrice"theory,so that is good . on a side note,seems like,1000years ago,current beatrice was the young princess of some kingdom. interesting.

-the"raven evidence"has holes in it. using her example of"2 boxes,one cookie",opening a box and finding it empty would mean that the other box has the cookie IF AND ONLY IF we undoubtedly KNOW that there is one cookie in one of the two boxes. in other words,unless we are told in red that there is a cookie in one of them then there is a good chance that both are empty(or both are full). furthermore,the butler's 2nd example is simply false. proving that you are wise does NOT mean that everyone else is dumb,as other wise people could exist beside you. i find it weird that battler accepted that 2nd example in particular. guess the witch wasnt wrong,he really is incompetent a ton of times >_>.

-i think what is actually in the forest is a monument of some sort,possibly related to old beatrice. furthermore,i have had a hunch for a while,and could be wrong,but here we go:
in magic,there is always a rule that,the stronger you are,the more you lose your humanity. this is doubly so for "demon contract" magic. and a body isnt endless.it ages and dies,but beatrice is endless.
thus,could it be that,in order to attain,her"endless"status,Beatrice had to let go of her humanity and her body?AKA die?and could that"hidden place"be a graveyard to hold her body?
Furthermore,could The reason for the change from "old,good"to"current,bad" be that she went the"black magic"route?and kinzo is apologizing because he was part of the reason she went that route?
like i said,it is just a hunch,but it explains many things. we will see i guess.
FFTHEWINNER is offline   Reply With Quote