View Single Post
Old 2007-02-23, 01:14   Link #22
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
What the!? Nooooo, I highly doubt we've seen the last of Ayu.
Well, that depends on what Kyoani wants to do with the finale. But it's likely she'll make a comeback in the future (from anime's point of view).

Yuuichi is starting to piece all his lost memories back together now, and it won't be long before we realize what happened 7 years ago. Everything will be explained in due time. For now though, it's Yuuichi's turn to take care of Nayuki.

This episode served a double role, it served as a buffer to seperate the events that happened in 20 with the event that happened at the end of this episode, while setting the story up for Nayuki's route. So far, Kyoani's dual-route approach here is working well. ( ・ω・ )GJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Will Nayuki's arc be shafted yet again? Will Nayuki's loyal fans break down sobbing from lack of attention yet again? Can KyoAni break the mindset that Nayuki's arc is impossible to show in a multi-path adaptation? Or will they succumb to the easy path( aka, nice knowing you, Nayuki, but it's time to return to Route Ayu-chan) and cause more Nayuki-fans to commit seppuku?
It's not so much that Nayuki's route is being shafted, but more like Nayuki herself is being shafted. At least she and Yuuichi were together during her route in the game. Here she's really looking like a tragic heroine with nothing but crappy things happening to her all her life. ...

The easy path is pretty much out of the question now, with what happened to Akiko-san in this episode. Unless Kyoani intends on bending Nayuki's route greatly, which I don't see them doing, we're going to see Nayuki's route to the end. Don't ask me what they're going to do with Yuuichi's response to Nayuki's feelings though.

Well, one possible "you're happy, I'm happy, everyone's happy" ending comes to mind now. But if pulled off the wrong way, it would look real cheap...

I'm surprised Yuuichi still managed to maintain his sanity, actually, considering all the stuff that has happened to him so far.

Oh yeah, this week's favorite shot:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-02-23 at 01:41.