View Single Post
Old 2008-09-16, 08:13   Link #240
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
It did not reflect the anti-matter it simply impenetrable of a mirror coating that it should be out of control and slam at the deck bridge by that powerful positron blast.
Well, actually, the Akatsuki beam coating is said to be powerful enough to dissipate positron beams. I asked my physics teacher about this actually and he said that there is something about the gold armor of the Akatsuki which affects its strength and that it was theoretically possible to do such a thing. He then proceeded to write a lot of equations on the board which I do not understand.

When a low-energy positron collides with a low-energy electron, annihilation occurs, resulting in the production of two gamma ray photons

I do remember that though. And he said that the positron beam might not be powerful enough to annihilate the electrons in the mirror and the gold armor. Especially because mirrors' electronic configuration are supposed to be pretty strong.

Of course, what I am saying could be making absolutely no sense as this concept is way beyond my years and I am only saying what I understand.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote