View Single Post
Old 2009-08-27, 00:53   Link #27
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
While I believe the character of Haruhi to be original and very interesting, I find that she's too contradictory for me to really like.

What really stuck out to me when I first watched the show, was her explanation of why she acts the way she acts. One of the big incidences that happened. When it comes down to it, the TV Trope defined it as "She Just Wants To Be Special."

What I don't get about that, is how she was perfectly special in the first place before any of the god-like revelation took place. She was practically the most talented person in the school, the only person close being the humanoid interface Ryoko Asakura. Athletic, Smart, Attractive, and Known well throughout the student body by having one of the most active clubs. And as we found out by the end of her first year, she's musically talented as well.

How does she not notice these things? Is she supposed to be that interested in the paranormal that she doesn't notice her own skills? The real big question to me is exactly how powerful or influential her wish-fulfillment is.

(Is already soaked in gasoline, so feel free to debate about this with me)