View Single Post
Old 2007-10-17, 21:04   Link #112
Crystal Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Crystal Requiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Why do you continue to insist that CLANNAD is a H-game, when it clearly isn't? It's an all-ages VN in both its PC and PS2 incarnations.
Alright alright, I'm not insisting anything. The official version no, versions made by other people yes. I'm not talking about the PS2 and the real PC ones, I was talking about a different one altogether with graphics that are damn near the same as the real game. Now I can't call it the official version and you may think one has nothing to do with the other, however in different hobbies lie different tastes and I call them as I see them.

Quote:
Well you can't really see if there's anything worth playing for without going into details about the plot. If you want specifics about the plot, you'd best ask one of the people who have played it via PM why they have thought it is worth getting. As far as I know, as someone who hasn't played through the VN before, the story is very intricate and lengthy, going into details about each of the characters along each of the routes. My honest suggestion is, if you don't understand it, don't play it just for the sake of the CGs! Because with Maeda Jun's writing style, you won't understand any of it. Thus pretty much destroying your image of what a wonderful experience it could have been.
I really don't see how hard it is to rate it on different aspects, to say if it's anything like the anime in humor, drama, or story-line. The least to say if it's interesting at all, or just a boring game with nothing but backgrounds on the characters. A ratio even, how many liked it to how many didn't.

If we both like the anime then we can atleast say our tastes are similar in that one thing. IS IT GOOD? I don't wanna know how long it will take to play, I don't care just how complex it is, I just want a simple f***ing opinion on if it's good or not. Is it funny? Sad? Can you base it off of anything else that can tell me if it's worth it to ME or not? I don't want some detailed lengthy statement that acts as if I make games myself and can appreciate all the little extraordinary things about it. I seriously don't know a lot of things that people say about this game. It's a game, meant to be played and enjoyed, not a showcase for the company and all the hardware terms used to describe it.

Please, don't bother anymore, if I can't get a straight and simple opinion out of anyone, it just means I'm not going to like it. End of discussion.
Crystal Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote