View Single Post
Old 2007-11-26, 15:46   Link #190
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If I were being mean, I'd just toss the entire program listing for broadcast tv in the US at you. But outside of PBS, recent terrible writing and acting could be seen on shows like any of the Law&Orders, the CSI clones, Missing, Two&aHalfMen, Moonlight, Bionic Woman, etc. It included minutes of each character just being a platform for exposition of trendy current points of view on controversial topics ... or just lame dialog delivered lamely or seriously dumbed down.

I agree the acting is pretty bad but then take a look at some of the other doramas and you'll see why I called it 'not terrible comparatively'. I think the *only* live-action renditions of manga/anime I've seen so far I was okay with was Honey&Clover and Love*Complex.
Not to mention every episode of Two & A Half Men I've seen has taken the "Gay Guy Misunderstanding" approach. I'm so tired of this one.

Also should you actually happen to be a good show like Jericho then it takes a Herculean effort to keep it on the air. That's one thing I like about Japanese, normally they don't cancel things prematurely like FOX.

Though, I have yet to see any Japanese Live Action with good acting, and I've taken picks from Sailor Moon (brutal), Sentai (cheesy with a hint of charm), Tokusatsu (same as Sentai) and some horror flicks (Lot's of screaming and people looking way to confused). All of them came across as featuring overacting and cheesy writing. I'm sure there's something out there that is compelling, but I if there is I haven't seen it yet.