View Single Post
Old 2009-01-20, 15:01   Link #107
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think the end were a bit sad...because of Takayuki's "incompetence" both girls and the people around them were suffered. I think it would be cheesy if Takayuki were ended up with Haruka. a one month length relationship almost never weights more than a 2 year long relationship. And at the begining it's hinted that he's going out at the start with Haruka because he can't with Mitsuki and she's Mitsuki's friend. Then there's a turning point where he's sorry for Haruka and he says that he loves her because of pity at first then he finds out how gentle and nice she is. So first a must then a pity and at the end admiration was his source of "love". I don't think it's a certain true love. After the Accident the thing that bound Takayuki to her was guilt and responsibility. For me it's quite obvious that he will ends up with Mitsuki because he always said himself that he loves Mitsuki. It's true that there were some moments when he had gone weak and drawn closer and closer to Haruka but 2 years with his first crush is not easily forgetable. If he chosed Haruka then it's just simply from responsibility and guilt. It's funny but at the end the main reason that he told to haruka is the same as his "love" to her(Haruka): guilt and responsibility...but it's obviously not only it. The 2 years with Mitsuki were much closer to the deffiniton of true love. They were soul mates and it was balanced(not one sided as Haruka's where he sacraficies things for haruka in just for her kindness and love...not a balanced relation in my view). The thing that i hated is Takayuki's suddenly growing ignorance and coldness to Mitsuki . That change in my opinion a plot error that used for making Mitsuki suffering more and setting up a seemingly undecided love triangle. That thing was the main reason for the broken friendship beetween the 4 friends at the end. I think if Takayuki was a bit more watchfull to Mitsuki's feelings then that great rift beetween the friends have never happened and we got an almost truly happy ending where Mitsuki and Haruka remain close friends and everybody remain at the town.

Conclusion: it's a correct ending but somewhat bittersweet. Not a bad ending but the last scene was a bit cliche.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote