View Single Post
Old 2010-07-06, 09:33   Link #2085
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Lol, seriously. You had been fooled. There's nothing radical in those H-scenes. Also if you don't like them you can skip those scenes quite easily. And I still don't get why you're so against playing HF.
As Cherry Lover states simply knowing the spoilers wouldn't really tell much about the story. Indeed, without spoiling yourself HF may have greater impact but I can tell you it will have grand effect even by knowing all those plot twists and secrets. And no, it's not solely about Sakura as UBW isn't about just Rin either. To be precise you will know about Rin quite a lot after playing HF. Other than that you get:
-Illya's background and more insight to her character.
-More dissection on Shirou's ideal.
-Kotomine Kirei's true face and his motivations for about everything.
-The truth about the Holy Grail War
-plot twists and an epic finale with incredible battle.

Just made this list for merrymaking.
Anyways, even if you would hate Sakura with passion I think HF worth playing through. It simply answers many of the unanswered questions and can be viewed as the "conclusion" of the game. Although I am sure HF isn't for weak hearts as it plays with your emotions quite much, especially if you care about either of the mentioned(Shirou, Sakura, Illya or well even Kotomine). Also it brings up many moral questions like the infamous Player Punch at the finale you probably already know of.
I have to admit there are some things I'm curious to see; especially with the dissection of Shirou's ideals and more background on Ilya, who continues to be more and more awesome in the game. I'm sort of just stalling the inevitable since my interest in playing through the route is below zero at the moment, though that could also be because I'm interested in getting the Good End for UBW first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
A tad judgemental? You're judging her based on second-hand sources which, quite simply, don't give the full picture. I'd say that's more than a tad judgemental.
Well, I never denied it.

Quote:
How can you claim that when you don't really know her yet? You have to play HF to be able to reasonably make that judgement.
True enough, but it's not a very good starting point when I already care less about her character; now, I admit that might change as I play through HF, but at the current moment, I don't care for her, I'm not interested in knowing about her, and that's really it. I don't think there's anything wrong with not caring about a character before you go into a route or series; who knows, my opinion of her could change.