View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 16:50   Link #3863
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Completely physically impossible. The shot was half a meter out of the keeper's reach, and at this distance, with a 120 km/h shot, you have no chance to jump either.
Agreed, no keeper could have stopped that shot.

Anyway...

It's weird. We've won but I think I yet have to realize we made it to the final... at the beginning of the tournament I could hardly see us making it through our group, but not because of lack of quality but rather because I thought that we were not mentally concentrated... and boy they proved me wrong, it's like the team is improving from game to game.

One thing I'd like to mention though, everybody is obviously talking about Pirlo's great performances so far, but what's making the difference in the last two games is the perfomance of Marchisio and De Rossi. They've been marvelous, they're everywhere on the pitch both when defending and when going forward, they're precise and clean, good positioning... I was expecting Marchisio to be super tired after the monstruous season he had with Juventus but he still managed to find the energies to perform this well.

And now we're in the final.

Still, I'd rather stay level-headed and say that Spain is still the hot favourite and we're still the underdogs even if we did draw against them in the group stage.

@Mentar
if you don't mind my 2 cents about Germany's tactical approach to the game, Löw's biggest mistake was to use Kroos on the right. I do understand that the man has good passing skills but he would have never been a threat with Chiellini playing on that side of the field. Reus should have played from the very beginning, and maybe even Muller rather than Podolski.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2012-06-28 at 18:41.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote