View Single Post
Old 2009-05-22, 06:30   Link #1078
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think your idea is basically what most of us are actually expecting as an end for HnG. Although, to expand on it, you could say that given that scenario (Hayate remaining as Nagi's butler), the best possible romantic choice for him would be Maria. Hayate has been like a father to her, and Maria has been pretty much like her mother (hell, she's sacred to Nagi). So, you could have some sort of family end.
But this is exactly why I'm kinda doubtful here. Nagi literally flipped out those few times in which she believed that Hayate might be coming on to Maria, usually with violent hammer strokes against Hayate. To lose her lover to her surrogate mother, AND keep living together happily? Somehow I have a hard time picturing this...

Her reaction was different when she considered Hayate with people other than Maria. Picturing him with Hinagiku caused her to be fearful and apprehensive (right from the start she felt that she "can't win against Hinagiku"), but not as violently negative. Ayumu has a strange rival-like friendship going with her, here she was always confident...

My point is that for a non-Nagi ending, she needs to willingly "release" him to the destined girl. It won't be a non-amiable splitup. And for this "release", she either needs to find someone else (but who? Kazuki? Wataru is a no-go. Himegami?!), or she needs to grow up first. And then we'll see.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote