View Single Post
Old 2011-01-21, 22:33   Link #18
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
None of you guys are hot enough to attract a woman who is likewise hot enough to never wear makeup.
You may well be right, but that's not the point

Quote:
Everyone has flaws, and some flaws are worse than others. [...] the goal of wearing makeup is to enhance your strong points and downplay your flaws
What you call "flaws" I call "character". After years working at a university and seeing 2000+ cute first-years roll up every February, I hit on the theory that women are like cheese: they start off all soft and bland and alike, and it's only with age that they develop some bite and their own distinctive flavour. Of course every woman I've said this to has responded "heyyy, you calling me mouldy?" but that's not what I meant

This is why I referred to make-up as an art-form earlier: sure, a girl can look very "pretty" in a generic way by careful use of artifice, but pretty isn't the same as attractive. What attracts me to a woman are the things about her that are different from everyone else, which are usually the things that the magazines say are flaws. Besides, it's not just about looks - when a woman refuses to fuss over hiding her flaws that says something about her personality, and to me it says something positive.

But this is all totally subjective of course - maybe I'm just not interested in Barbie because I know I'm sure as hell no Ken