View Single Post
Old 2011-02-15, 03:06   Link #7857
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
character cliffhanger point
Which is? You are familiar with the events in the World War 3 arc, right? The only cliffhangers there that aren't addressed in the new book's spoilers are Fiamma's fate with Ollerus and Sylvia (who I hope would get the screentime that's usually for Touma while he's gone ) and Laura Stuart's plan to take down AC. Everything regarding Touma's character was pretty much resolved (even the memory loss). He broke Accelerator's illusions on Heroes and Villains and Fiamma's illusions on "saving the world", and his importance to Aleister Crowley's plan was even given a little focus. Of course, because of this importance, his return is pretty much guaranteed. New Testament is a new beginning of sorts, kinda like the world rebuilding after the world war, and Kamachi did mention in Volume 22's epilogue that the next book will be about "the world that has been saved".

And you are familiar with Volume 15 and 19, right? Touma is not even mentioned in 15, and is only mentioned in passing in 19. And you do know that Touma is not the only main character, right? There are three main characters (see the Three_Heroes MAD I posted in the video thread, and Volume 22 afterword). Not one of them holds importance over the other, and you cannot single one out as being more "main" than the rest, as they all follow different paths that sometimes intertwine. The story can stand on its own without Touma for a while. This universe is massive, and there are lots of characters and plot threads that are influenced by the loss of this one trump card of sorts. I bet Kamachi would want to capitalize on this first before reintroducing him physically to the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
the one time Touma did anything to stop either of them from getting involved was when he told Mikoto to stay on the bridge back in the SISTERS arc
He also stopped Mikoto in Volume 16. And he also stopped her from saving him in 22. Touma also stopped Index from getting involved in the Daihaseisai and Volume 16, and he also tried to stop Itsuwa from going against Acqua.