View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 15:16   Link #30468
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Even if Anime was bad, Deep inside I still want a Chiru ANIME XDDDDDD , Dont kill me, It would be intresting to see some stuff animated...Plus Anime made me intrested in the novels, It was crap but without it I would never know Umineko , So it's still special to me. XD
It's okay, it's also my sinful wish to have a Chiru Anime XD. But well, if they are to handle it like they did with the Question Arcs, I'm not really sure.... I was also introduced to Umineko by the Anime, so it still brings back fond memories (god, that was one good summer), but I dumped it somewhere in the middle of EP3 (bad adaptation stinks even to someone who hasn't read the original). I'd heard everybody talk about the greatness of the visual novel, and watched some parts on YouTube, so I just had to buy it! It was really exciting because it was my first (and greatest) VN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Well, since I started reading the novels after finishing the anime, I pretty much could handle the info dumps without problems, like the massive introduction of characters at the start of EP1.
The airport scene (which for some reason wasn't in the anime) is one of the best scenes in Umineko. Ryukishi's character can be stupid better than anyone else.

Quote:
The anime is good for getting familiar to the characters and the setting, that's why I recomend to people interessed in Umineko to watch the anime first.
Nope. I disagree here. You can't get familiar to the characters. You can't remember names and who is whose uncle by the anime. It's insane. And you can't learn the names of the Seven Sisters of Purgatory. I've tried introducing some of my friends to Umineko using the Anime (because their lazy asses are to lazy to read anything, even a PC game, oh, the times we live in...), and as far as they're concerned, Umineko's characters are Battler, Beatrice, Maria. Genji???? Who's Genji??? Gohda???? Okay, are you sure we're talking about the same thing here? And worst of all.... Bernkastel???? Ah, you mean that chick who looked like Rika!

But that's not the worst part. I'd definitely reccomend against watching the anime before reading the VN, because that way you miss all the fun. You can't remember closed rooms, let alone TRYING to solve them, you don't even remember what the fuck happened. You just think "oooh, that guy's bleeding in the bathtub, cool!", while that should be something about chains, and locks, and master keys.... Argh! (And don't get me started on trollfaces. Maria looks like a freakin' monkey!)

Quote:
Oh, and a Chiru anime SHOULD be done. I also still hope for it.
A Chiru anime is what I desire, regardless. I know I've expanded my hatred for the anime for two freakin' paragraphs, but I still want a Chiru one. Animated is just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
But I think most of that stuff will be cut down or not as visually exciting...
They had a hug. They didn't use it. Beatrice doesn't cry. She just sounds as though her ass is itching a bit. I dread just in the thought of what they could do to Shannon/Kanon duel. It might as well be a *shoot*, hell no, Kanon is dead, the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
If I weren't busy already with three things, I'd start a translation project of Umineko in first language.
I'd also really try to do that if Onscripter could read greek characters.

(But I think it's better this way, English is an 'easy' language. Most lines in Umineko would sound terribly stupid in greek....)

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote