View Single Post
Old 2008-12-27, 01:56   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Interesting how old this thread is, NoSanninWa you have been playing for a while.
I'm happy that you dug up this old thread. This is the only game that I've ever played nonstop for over a year, so you can tell how much of a hold it has on me. I may have conveyed the quirky humor of the game in the opening post, but perhaps I didn't say that the strategy and gameplay are also quite well designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
A silly question in the game when you are given a quest should you listen to what it is telling you to do or is that part of the game?
Not quite sure I understand your question. The quests are part of the game. Whatever you're told about the quest may contain a clue about how to complete it. Also, if you're stumped about the quest you should check the quest log at your campsite. The description of the quest there often contains a clue.

Incidently, some quests are option and some are necessary. Any quest given to you by the Council of Loathing is necessary, but other quests are optional and the game can be completed without doing a single one of them. However, some of the optional quests may have useful rewards. Also,in one case you need to be given an optional quest to open up an adventuring area which you'll need, even though you don't have to complete the quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I remember hearing about this game a while back and thinking how awesome it would be to give it a try....
I think I might just sign up now.
Please do. If anyone from AnimeSuki tells me that they've signed up I'll send you a welcome gift. Something fun, useful or interesting as strikes my mood. Just let me know your name and you'll get your gift.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote