View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 15:26   Link #27
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
The problem seems to be intermitent, yet related to several factors. One obvious factor is HP manufactured computers.

I installed SP3 on a client's custom built Pentium 4 computer and it refused to boot Windows completely after restart. Instead, it would load to a certain point of system files, then reboot the computer...and repeat the process again. I ended up having to write over the system files with an SP2 CD. This makes me wonder if it's not just computers with AMD processors that are affected, but ones with older processors as well.

I personally don't plan to install SP3 on any of my computers until I'm absolutely certain that my computers won't suffer the same fate my client's did.

Hopefully Microsoft irons out the kinks to SP3. If not, this will merely reinforce my impression of Microsoft that they're forcing consumers to spend unnecessary amounts of money just so the computers would meet Microsoft's "criteria."
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote