Thread: Nintendo 3DS
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-05, 15:24   Link #287
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu
I consider it a gimmick, mainly because they didn't think the technology was advanced or important enough to use again until the Gameboy Advanced SP.
It doesn't matter what you think. Learn the definition of what a gimmick is. A back-light does make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I think it is rather strange to compare 3DS with the Virtual Boy.
Where did we compare them? I was replying to the statement that no portable of Nintendo has ever failed.
Quote:
So... You think it will sell extremely well, but you hope it will crash and burn instead?

Because it sounds like you are going out of your way to say it will go bad. Despite the fact that you think the reverse is more likely.
Good job warping what the poster has actually said. That not what (s)he's said at all. (S)He's saying that you can't be certain of a victory, and that failure is a definite possibility, history be damned. There are enough examples.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
The PSP essentially brought very little "new" to the table (basically likened to a suped up GBA 1st gen), but the DS brought a new gaming experience (don't tell me those Palm pilot games were fun ).
Replace "PSP" with "3DS", and "GBA" with "DS", and it still makes sense. The 3DS doesn't bring anything new to the table. All that's changed is that the 3D graphics will now also be perceived as actual 3D by our brains. That doesn't make for any new gameplay experiences. Certainly not the like that was brought to the table by the DS.

This being said, the 3DS' biggest competitor will be its big brother, the DS.
Quote:
You do realize that the DC had problems that were really hampered by it's drive to ambition, with the unintentional misuse of non-advancing capabilities, with its first problem being, the god-knows-why reason for a lack of a second joystick?
Nice revisionism, there. A second analog joystick never was a dealbreaker.