Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 16:35   Link #3759
Dr. Casey

The fact that this seems to be the end left me butthurt enough that I wasn't able to enjoy the ending as much as I should have. AKB0048 had a lot of potential, a visually beautiful show with very endearing characters... now if only there was a coherent story to go along with it. This would be like if the Harry Potter series ended after Harry won the first round of the Triwizard Tournament in Goblet of Fire or something. I know that bite-sized anime of 13 or 26 episodes has been the norm for a long time, but I do wish that AKB0048 was a much longer series with a definite beginning, middle, and end rather than a fairly random and disorganized sequence of events.

The last episode was quite nice in and of itself, though. Chieri discarding her light saber and choosing to instead sing to that fallen soldier was a bit of a whyboner moment - she looked like she was coming on to him by leaning in so close - and it's nice to see Nagisa rise to glory, seeing as she's always been my favorite character.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote