View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 21:54   Link #130
.S2K
S2K is here.
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to .S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Julez Santana from Dipset is also pretty good. Cam is probably the most mainstream, though with the most hit songs, I always liked "What means the world to you" and "Horse and Carriage"

Seen a couple of posts about Lupe Fiasco. He is an excellent artist. I remember hearing him Kanye's Late Registration album, then I saw him in concert a couple of times. The first time I saw him live he was the opening act for the Roots (a great hip-hop band). He performed "Kick, Push" and "He Say, She say" from Food and Liquor and sounded great. I ended up buying his new albums, now I'm hooked.

BTW, Does anyone else think that Soulja Boy's songs are just weak? There's almost no rhyming at all. I don't really understand how he got so popular.
Yeah I agree with you, Juelz gets play in mi casa...You should listen to the duo mixtape with Lil' Wayne "Blow: I Can't Feel My Face" or his "Back Like Cooked Crack" mixtapes...good stuff..

I have all 3 Kanye albums...strait crack.

And Soulja Boy? Beat and hook, thats all it is. Crank That Soulja Boy's song is beat and one catchy hook, and it's addictive to some.

Like me, if the song has a good beat i'll let it rock for a while till the rhymes start to make no sense and piss me off...And the ?uestlove? F-in drumset beat monstah.

@Westlo: If you mean Diplomatic Immunity Vol.1, then yeah, that was pretty good, but I remember when Purple Haze was suppost to come out...that thing got pushed back so many times, and the songs kept getting released, it just lost all of the potency when it came out...i'm not really a Dipset fan though, Jim Jones couldn't rap for a dime, Hell Rell (Though as nice as he is) is probably never gonna get his album put out, Only ones really good there are Juelz and Cam...just cause those two actually make money. Jimmy's sales went so damn far down the tubes....Freakin' Sesame Street CDs coulda went platinum faster than Hustler's P.O.M.E...all the beats are so repetitive...ahh I could rant on about it but I won't...
.S2K is offline   Reply With Quote