View Single Post
Old 2006-12-09, 17:38   Link #57
c^2

evil|plushie, I think it is as you describe, and she has good reason for her fear of Elevens. Until we learn more though, I think it is premature to pass judgement on the poor girl. Prejudice is a harsh word here, as we have absolutely no evidence that she bears ill will toward anyone.

If anything, I am disturbed by the intolerance of people here who refuse to give her the benefit of the doubt, while knowing nothing of her situation. If anyone says they are free of all preconceptions, they are lying; what matters though, is how we act on them. So far, we haven't seen anything worthy of punishment, much less rape or death. Any way I look at her, I see nothing but a harmless girl who keeps to herself.

Is it that upsetting that she refers to people as "Elevens?" Because, like it or not, that is an accurate term while Britainia is still in power. Up until this point in the show, we know little about the common Britainians, but it is looking like they have little freedom themselves. Given the choice, why would anyone willingly move to an unstable region?
c^2 is offline   Reply With Quote