View Single Post
Old 2008-07-28, 02:52   Link #539
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

Is the second season better than the first or is it just different? Reading through this thread, there is talk about this anime being nerfed just to show more parts of the game. That sounds like it would be a horrible experience to someone who hasn't played the game. And this talk about the sakura trees... is it explained clearly in watching the second season or should I re-watch the original Da Capo to get the big picture? Was that anime even sufficient for explaining the sakura trees?

I'm sorry to say it and I'm sure these exact same points have already been made, but Da Capo II the first season was so wrong that I immediately wiped it from my hard drive. I can see why one of the fansub groups lost interest and started leaving spelling errors in the last five episodes. I throw a yellow flag at the banana-hating robot: unnecessary drama. So completely unnecessary that I do not care for nor will I take the time to philosophize on how robot rights should be handled. Now Armitage III... THAT made me think about martian rights and what it had meant to be a robot. When I saw the band playing music at the end of Da Capo first season, I was already screaming "Why the hell did I watch this series!? How dare they! I feel violated (jk)."

This isn't a complaint post. I'm honestly saying that I'm open to watching Second Season if some of you guys don't believe it is a slap to the face. If you didn't like the first season, but you like this one, you would easily convince me to watch it. There are so many mixed opinions right now.