View Single Post
Old 2009-07-16, 12:17   Link #272
Narokath

- I'm still pointing the finger at George being the culprit or at least a culprit at one time. My reasoning was that the second twilight line in the epitaph would setup Eva and Hideyoshi as being killed to fulfill George's interpretation of the Text; which happened.
- The servants seemingly know a lot about Beatrice so I wouldn't be surprised if they are very in tune with these ritualistic sacrifices.
- Someone drew the symbol on the door seemingly after they were already dead inside (They didn't answer and when they broke in they were dead).

Whether or not these deaths are supernatural, one or more of the people on the island is influencing the others deaths in accordance with the epitaph. Suffice to say, it looks like Maria has a lot of knowledge in the occult and undeniably feels that Beatrice exists.

So according to reports, Beatrice exists as an entity but does not have a physical manifestation in the world... So how is SHE the one carrying out these murders? We see the golden butterflies hanging around, and in accordance with Beatrice being in the OP, I would say she definately does have some existence but merely as a Spectator currently (Probably watching the family attempting to carry out what is in the Epitaph). If any of the deaths are supernatural one of the "humans" on the island is pushing the buttons like the summoning of demons/devils or possession. Its only a guess but I would probably say that someone close to Maria as a friend to know roughly what she knows is one of the people setting up these murders; or Beatrice is using Maria as a medium of communication (doubtful); or Maria has some underlying connection with Beatrice like a magic affinity or radar? (Seems more likely)

So as a deduction for who might the killer be out of the living ones (in my opinion);

Beatrice - I believe she is an external spectator in this matter, and that she doesn't actually physically harm anyone on the island. It's said she appears as golden butterflies so why can't they be just her floating around watching everything.

Kanon - Too loyal, and takes his job very seriously. He knows a bit about the history behind Beatrice but other then that there's not enough information to suspect him.

Genji - Same as Kanon, a little more suspicious as he seems to be the one at every incidents discovery.

Kumasawa - Old lady, I don't see a motive as such and there has been little to no information about her.

Nanjo - I don't know enough about him other then that he MAY know something from spending probably the most time around Kinzo.

Maria - Very obscure little girl, it's impossible for her to physical carry out these murders. Her aura suggests that she probably would though, so assuming supernatural death and her knowledge in these pentagrams as well as her very miniscule signs or remorse, she could very well be causing them.

Kinzo - I think he views this as a game of wits more or less, I don't think he is the murderer but he did put this chain of events in motion and as such probably knows the operation of this game.

George - This guy is too suspect, over 3 episodes he is shown to be very laid back and very subtle even though he is in the centre of it all. I look forward to seeing his reaction to his parents deaths. He is shown to be a supporter to Maria in her occult beliefs and knows a fair amount of History related to the family.

Jessica - Her grievance is too reassuring to be the killer, she might know something though with giving the charm to Natsuhi (This could be a condition in which she didn't die).

Natsuhi - She is seemingly the leader and a lot of the incidents just would not make sense had she been the one behind things. Not saying she is out of the picture; just very unlikely.

Battler - He seems to be the least knowledgeable in regards to history and a firm believer that the occult is a load of rubbish. He looked very likely to be the killer on the first twilight with his performance but from now he looks genuinely focused on catching whoever it is. The whole opening title and ending theme with the chessboard comes to mind when he talks about his chessboard solution. So he definately seems centric to the story and as such he will probably last till the last few people deducing who it is until the very end.

That doesn't exclude the dead; the disfiguring of faces could be a cover to allow one of them (I don't believe 2 of them would be in on it amongst those) to operate freely by having them assumed dead because of a random body planted in the shed. This secondary body could be that of Kinzo (missing) or some outsider that was brought in hidden on the boat or luggage.

I personally think this sets up Shannon and George perfectly with the ring and everything. (Refer to previous post) >< Also; brain hurts.