View Single Post
Old 2010-05-18, 05:11   Link #71
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Once again, Yurippe comes up with ideas to help advance her teamates, Otonashi, when given the chance.

I'm not sure why people think Yurippe is jealous of Tenshi base on that she didn't help with the fishing or she was only staring. To me she look like she was observing something like she usually does. She may have notice the second Tenshi and decided to wonder off her own to confirm what is happening then she got attack. It looked like Yuri disappeared as soon as they reeled in that fish.

Since I saw Yurippe again up above the school talking to Otonashi about purpose my guess is that she usually observes everybody from above.
I dont think its a trivial thing like jealousy. Its spite. She has been carrying around a grudge all this time and some of it has been directed toward tenshi. Even after episode 5 there has been no shred of remorse or act of reconsilliation, which I felt was emphazised in the fishing scene.

She is stronger than she needs to be, which is reasonable given her past(i actually would be freaked if she wasnt like that)
'but whats more, its her general uncaring attitude to all things related to her in psrticular that makes it distinguishable/

Iactualy like her(i like al key characters tbh) but thats just how it strikes me.