Thread: Licensed Yamada and the Seven Witches
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 22:59   Link #118
amasposu

Here is my theory so far:

- The witches transfer their power to Yamada. In other words, the story is about Yamada borrowing power from the "witches." That's why the series is called Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches.
- Shiraishi Urara is the first witch; Odagiri Nene is the second.
- Shiraishi kissed Yamada in chapter one and gave him the power to switch bodies.
- Odagiri kissed Yamada in chapter 17. Her power transferred over to Yamada and overwritten Shiraishi's power.
- Shiraishi kisses Yamada again in chapter 19. Her power once again overwrites Odagiri's power. This explains why Yamada's "original" power to switch bodies returned.

Here is when things get more specific:

- If Odagiri already had the power to make people fall in love with her before kissing Yamada, then Shiraishi had the power to switch bodies in the first place. That may explain why she refused Miyamura 's kiss in chapter 6.
- When the witches kiss someone other than Yamada, their powers don't transfer over. Instead, their powers only affect them.
- Based on what I am reading, the only person Shiraishi has ever kissed is Yamada; I don't think she has kissed anyone else. My theory is that if she kisses someone else, they would switch bodies as well.
- In other words, the power to switch bodies is not Yamada's power, it is Shiraishi's.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote