View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 11:24   Link #74
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
As for the "ends justifies the means" I am not sure if Makishima himself thinks in these terms, but I still see him as this type of antagonist and it is an antagonist/character that Urobuchi likes to write. After all we constantly measure Makishima actions vs the Sybil system in discussions. For example lets say there is something after the destruction and the world does become a better? Then how do we judge Makishima's actions?
Still pretty poorly I'd say. He certainly has no empirical interest in humane society, so if anything like that originated it'd be more because of the people like Rina or Akane than because of him. You certainly wouldn't judge a typhoon that killed thousands of people a good thing just because it demonstrated how inefficient a government was, and allowed humanitarian reformers to change it, would you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
If you are saying that Makishima did not care about coming up with another method because for him this isn't about "basic human rights" then yes that I agree with. But then I have another question is Makishima's extreme of humans turning into wolves any better than the sybil system turning humans into sheep?
Well that depends on whether or not you think the Sybil system is worse than a place like Somalia. Which can't really be fairly evaluated until you consider how much starving sucks.