View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 03:36   Link #769
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I second that, there is no point in over analyzing this manga. Medaka is a walking Deus Ex. The whole super girl theme is suppose to be a hook. It's not intended to have a deeper meaning, kind of like how Lucky Star is just about a bunch of retardedly cute girls doing nothing all day is the hook for it.
Yeah but what makes it harder to accept this, is the one-shot and the first few chapters which increased my expectations. If they meant it to be a gag-manga sort of thing, they should have done so from the beginning, why raise our hopes with "romance blooms in the student council" sort of things or promising to "have awesome fights like the judo thing?" If they wanted to show Medaka and her powers they should've just done that at the beginning. Who knew Zen would become such a lap dog, when he seemed so against in joining and seemed to have a backbone. That's why I m against Shiranui joining the councl, who knows she just might become tamed like Zen and that would take away the only present likeable character