View Single Post
Old 2010-01-08, 01:13   Link #6620
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's an awful lot of spectulation given the fact that we had like almost zero information in regards to it. Heck, it might as well have not existed in the geass series to begin if. Going to call it a paradise is a far fetch. And I must admit I find it quite ridiculous to claim that any nation that has even a little hint of democracy is official the "greatest" nation on earth.

The closest from Charles' description could be that it's direct democracy AKA Switzerland (As it's run by the mob) but that's impossible to do for massive populations.
Nevertheless, they do not treat their territories like shit, and every country contributes to the fold. They're much better than Britannia as far as civil liberties go, and the Emperor himself acknowledges it.

Quote:
I dunno, starving your own people into submission is just as bad as conquering other people. At least the Britannians made an effort for even the common/number folk to put bread on the table. The enuchs didn't even bother with a single grain.
And Britannia isn't as bad with the craphole ghettos they make no effort to maintain? The only difference between China and Britannia is that Britannia doesn't acknowledge the numbers as real people, while China does and just doesn't feed them.

Quote:
Again lots of spectulation bud, but according to Lelouch Japan forced its hand on other smaller nations and strong-armed them. Forcing them into starvation and economic poverty which I'd say is pretty bad.
Pure exaggeration. It strong-armed them into backing of military by having a stranglehold on sakuradite and a standing army that could have resisted any conventional invasion. Knightmares simply tipped the balance.

Quote:
Ironically, while it was Britannia that went all gung-ho against the world and brought war and destruction, it was the only thing that could save the world and bring peace. I mean how screwed up is that? They started out as the "bad" guys and then Lelouch comes in and next thing you know they're the "good" guys. You gotta give the guy credit.
Peace under the sword, particularly Charles' sword, isn't peace, it's tyranny. Lelouch was the same, only intentionally so and he removed himself from power.

Quote:
In the end, a government's only as good as the guy/girl running it. In each nation there were dozens of guys that fought for what was right (specifically in Britannia where we saw Rolo assassinating many of those senators and others who fought for Numbers' rights)
Which serves to reinforce the point. Britannia was a terribly racist, aggressively expansionist country. To claim that they were in any way better (except militarily) than either power is just deluded.