View Single Post
Old 2010-05-13, 03:28   Link #2
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I play this game on european server (french) and it's a good game in my opinion.

So what is good and bad in this game for me:

+:

-Free to play
-Teamplay with use of grasses which is very interesting for gank. I play this game with Mumble, it's good to play with a good team.
-Various Heroes with different abilities
-Evolution's feeling with the permanent avatar: invoker (buy new heroes, buy runes, choses abilities and spells)
-matchmaking (ok it doesn't work very well here -_-)
-It's fun
-good atmosphere
-You can reconnect a game if you left a game
-strategy (push, backdooring, gank etc...)

-:

-No deny like it was in Dota so it need less skills for the player in my opinion, we only focus on last hit and destroy the ennemy towers
-the graphic, I don't really like the graphic' choice. Heroes aren't really cool, when you compare with Magina, Traxex, Mordred from Dota/W3.
-The fact that your avatar (invoker) evolve is a bit unequal. Ok we have matchmaking but it's not "fair". People doesn't start a game with same stats...
It looks a bit "unfair". And the Rune system etc... is a bit "lame". I prefer the Dota system, more "fair".
-Some people will not like the system: 8 heroes per week, but I think it 's cool to learn them and after buy one of them. But 1 week to test 8 heroes is a bit short in my opinion, and some heroes cost 6300 gold!
-You must pay real money for skins etc... but well it is understandable.
-Sometimes it's confused (action)
-there are some bugs, it's a bit annoying sometimes

So LoL is a good Dota-like (MOBA) in my opinion. I move out from Dota to Lol. Well perhaps I will return on Dota soon , but I really like Lol.