View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 07:27   Link #90
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Is Hitler responsible for ALL the actions of ALL the Nazis?

And -I'm- saying that it all depends on how the system is used. Sibyl doesn't kill people. SOMEONE decided that people above a certain CC value should be exploded, and that someone is a person. (or group of people, before anyone gets nit picky)

"But it's Sibyl who tells you to kill someone lol derp". Yeah and who do you think made Sibyl do that? A person (or group of people lol derp)! Even more so, how does this absolve the one shooting of responsibility?

It's not like Sibyl is some kind of gun of which its only purpose is to kill people.

If you keep saying "well, it's human nature to become sheep" or something like that, that's like saying a guy with good publicity is at fault for humans being so weak-willed to begin with! People sure shift around repsonsibility real easily.

"Oh, but he was so charming, I couldn't help but believe every word he said."

Don't make laugh. Or cry. Yes, don't make me cry.
You're talking as if "responsibility" was some real thing that you can attribute with certainty to any one thing. In actuality, it's simply a societal construct that makes it easier for the law to attribute "blame", whatever that even means. There are obviously very objective standards by which the law judges accountability for specific behavior, but I'm in no way referring to such things.

Well, I don't know. You seem to have an optimistic outlook towards human nature based on your arguments, and I can't fault you for that. Still, let me just say that humans are pretty much organic machines that are made up of the sum of environmental & genetic factors. No more no less. As such, I don't really see the need for such a complicated dichotomy.