View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 14:09   Link #1
Southern Cross
Crux

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

As a replacement to Yuri's tacky and outplayed mind control tricks, they're featuring something even better for the brand new third faction:

Spoiler for For the 3rd faction:

That poor attempt at a joke, the third faction is actually going to be Japan-based, except under the name "The Empire of the Rising Sun," almost the exact contrapositive of a third-faction party like that I suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA's RA3 site:
After seven years, Red Alert returns! After a time travel mission goes awry, a new superpower has been thrust onto the world stage and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making WW III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies such as Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Experience the next chapter of the Red Alert saga.
Hopefully, despite the continued "Time Travel" deus ex machina being carried on from the previous Red Alert games, they won't change the world, characters, and backstory too much.

I also hope that the 3rd faction's theme isn't too biased towards traditional Japan. Aside from that, I wouldn't think that the "traditional" side of Japan would do too well against the overwhelming political landscape set by the two other major powers of the Red Alert games. The faction should have a nice balance between traditional Japan and a more ambitious, technologically advancing empire. Hearing about some their units, I think it'll be just like that.

What does everyone else here think?
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote