Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-26, 19:18   Link #7993
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
No, you simply didn't get it. What words do I have to use ...I don't know... it is not for the government, its for the PEOPLE.

If you want to see the guy who benefits from your taxes look in a mirror (that applies only for half way decent democracies though).

Now you could say: But the government is funded with tax payer money. Then I would answer: You rather want to be ruled by people who have to earn their money from lobbyists? (If the politicians get decent money they are less vulnerable (not immune) to lobbyism... which certainly is to the greater benefit of the people in general, because lobbyism usually benefits only a selected few).
Then that would yield a different answer because tax is entirely different from lobbying money, the latter which is a "legalised" form of "coffee money".

What I presented is a case where lobbying isn't taken into account. I guess you had presented the clearer but uglier picture where lobbying trumps the benefits the taxpayers should be getting. Otherwise, in a largely taxpayer funded government, things shouldn't work that way.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I've had phones where you could cover an element and cause the phone to completely lose its signal. To say "avoid touching the phone there" is acceptable to me, because I accept that there may be things that we have to work around in order for a product to function properly. The thing is, on those phones the "off-limits" buts were usually at the top of the phone, where you wouldn't normally be touching anyway. I'd say that this was an extremely poor design choice on Apple's part, but I'd stop short of calling it a flaw (which is what some people rant, along with a demand that Apple fix it and get them the newly redesigned, "fixed" phone for free and ASAP).
Reuters-CNN had this Iphone 4 video demo of how that thing can lose reception.

Apple on iPhone complaints: You're holding it wrong

It isn't as big as the issue of the tinted yellow screen - like they have add some sort of chlorine compound during its treating process and it got stuck and yellowed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-06-26 at 19:41.