View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 01:50   Link #30388
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
At best, she's dormant and could return
This is a trust issue, we have to trust Ryu in when he says that though she COULD return, if deemed dead she never will. I think this is how it is meant to apply to Battler too, sure Tohya can remember his memories, but Battler himself is never going to act again.

Quote:
Skipping the ones done by Jesus a person can be declared 'dead' and then 'revived' by quick medical aid.
I brought that one up once, no-one seemed to like it, and to be fair, it doesn't really apply in this situation, as I don't believe it was the trick Ryu was intending to use.

Quote:
I'm going to laugh at you, because there's no goddamn difference.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because I believe if you take Kanon as truly being a separate person, even if you can't tell the difference between them they are separate. In my opinion I can recreate a painting I once painted, using the same materials and everything, and it could be impossible to tell them apart, but they still aren't the same painting.

After all, as someone once said, would you say that if an identical twin pretending to be Kanon and indistinguishable from him tricked Jessica then they are the same person? We probably won't ever agree because you and I approach Kanon from different perspective.

Quote:
because absence of evidence to a reliable perspective is not evidence of absence
I understand the premise, though I am amused you are essentially playing a devil's proof against me. Well I am sure we can agree using Battler's perspective we have reasonable evidence Kanon and Shannon acted independently of each other, and we have no such evidence of Evatrice (in fact, no-one outside of the fantasy narrative even mentioned her). However, the fact that Eva may possibly be the culprit and that it is possible there was a part of Eva that had those emotions, I do not feel there is sufficient evidence to state it acted independently of her as to be legitimately declared dead. That is once again a matter of opinion, and of course as is the blessing with Umineko you are free to theorise, but while it is possible, I don't think it is as damning as you claim.

As for the playing with reds, I sort of liked it. Maybe it's because I often use that method of stating facts to twist the truth as a joke on my friends, but I thought it was fun. In fact I bet you didn't even mind it when it was being tricky but not about personality death yourself.
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote