View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 00:51   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_frog View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Did anyone else seriously get caught off guard by that face? I was so focused on what was going on then that derp face just popped up outta nowhere. Couldnt help but bust out laughing.

Pretty good episode. I like that were learning more about Makishima, hopefully soon we can get some insight into his motivations for what hes doing.

One little thing that bugged me about the episode though was when Kogami was about to 'dominate' Oryo, the headmaster guy seemed extremely surprised and panicky, and even assaulted Ko a little bit. My problem is; at this point in time, the Sibyl system should have been in place for at least 15 - 20 years(*). Everyone should be accustomed by now to how brutally indiscriminate Sibyl is. His whole line about her just being a minor and his protesting just seemed like pandering to the audience imo and also seemed out of place in a world where people have been trained to trust the system absolutely.
A couple points here:

1. As critical as I've been of the Sibyl System, I'm inclined to give it a big benefit of the doubt here (because it fits several plot points better that way). In other words, I think that the Sibyl System does a very good job of preventing/stopping crime. So much so, in fact, that your average person probably doesn't see crime much at all. While the Sibyl System spares no mercy for minors, such age distinctions may still be prevalent amongst the people because minors (and people in general) so rarely "get Dominated" like that, particularly in a public setting.

2. The Headmaster may have been legitimately concerned over what affect having a room absolutely splattered with the bloods and guts of a killed classmate would have on the rest of these female students...

You know, the Dominator's method of killing really is absolutely horrible for any sort of public setting. People will tend to panic at least a bit just at the sounds of gunshots, of course, but seeing someone blown apart Dominator-style must be very traumatizing to most people. You'd think that the gun would have a less gorey method of killing (instant electrocution, say). While I can see how Gen wanted to make things grittier this way, I think on the whole it's this extremely gorey killing method that seems out of place in a world so deeply concerned with psychological health.