View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 11:59   Link #3085
KLGChaos
The Shermain

First,

Thank you, Sol Falling, for verbally attacking and flaming me and proving what I said about people not being able to accept others views and opinions. :salute:

On another note, I never said Kumagawa was a good guy and inexplicitly states I don't like his view of the world. Everything I presented about him being a possible hero is theory, which is what discussion forums are about, right? You know, presenting new and unique insights into what could happen. Oh right, they're for ganging up on people who don't follow the crowd.

Which brings me to what Doc Astaroth said. I'm very much someone in the second camp. I believe that people should be allowed to think for themselves with being forced to live a certain way. Medaka is nowhere near as bad as someone like King, obviously, but in her own words she's a tyrant. It's not like I'm pulling this out of nowhere, as there are examples-- 1) the delinquents in the first chapter. They weren't harming anyone, just chilling out having a smoke. So what does Medaka do? Steals all their cigarettes and basically kicks them out. It's their life, they have a right to live it how they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone. 2) The swim team arc. She didn't like the way the swim team risked their lives to win and said that she'd force then to change. They weren't really unhappy in any way, they were just willing to risk everything to win. As soon as thy stopped and did what she wanted, she eas all for them. If she's going to force them to change because they shouldn't be risking their lives for money, then she'll need to outlaw NASCAR and Motocross racing as well, considering the how risky those professions are. Again, it's their life and they weren't hurting anyone else-- they were just willing to risk more to win.

It's that kind of attitude that I don't like, no matter what the intentions are. If I was a D&D character, I'd be neutral good-- I believe some laws are necessary to protect people, but there's plenty that are pure garbage that are designed to "protect people from themselves". It's their lives.

People have also drawn parallels between Medaka and Jesus. It really does remind me of Catholism in a way. There's plenty of people out there who worship, but live their own lives. Others, however, are nothing more than sheep who follow blindly, even if it means stepping on others in the process. Heck, jus look at the Christian god. He didn't want people to have a free will in the first place, so he banishes then from paradise when they get it. After Jesus sacrifices himself, he goes "Ok, you can have free will, but if you don't worship me, I'll send you to an eternity of torture." That kind of thinking doesn't fly with me, no matter how much paradise is offered. I like thinking for myself, thank you.

Who knows... Maybe Nishio is trying to do a satire of Christianity, with Medaka as Jesus, the abnormals who follow her as disciples and Ajimi (Ajimu?) as the god figure and Kumagawa as Satan. Maybe Zen will be Judas.

Anyway, I'll take my lower brain function and get back to work.