Thread: Licensed Nana
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-05, 10:28   Link #1
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Nana

I certainly hope this is allowed, because I am so excited about the first episode of NANA that aired tonight here in Tokyo, I had to give my first impressions.

Don't worry, no spoilers here. =3

For those of you that were disappointed by the animation and art of Paradise Kiss, I don't think you need to worry here. The artwork is very loyal to the manga it seems, and it looks like the NANA covers have come to life!

The opening theme was very nice--well animated, emotional and choreographed well. But personally I was disappointed by the ending theme by OLIVIA, and much prefer Yuna Ito as Reira's singing voice...ah well, I guess we can't have it all.

On an additional note, for those that have seen the movie, Shouji is much better looking than he was in the movie, and I think it will be easier to get attached to him and therefore sympathize with Hachi in further episodes.

I also like the slower pace the anime is taking, as opposed to the rushed 12-episode ParaKiss series. I get the feeling this one will go on for at least two seasons.

I look forward to the fansub--whoever is doing it! And furthermore, I will be on the lookout for NANA anime merchandise! ^^v
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote