View Single Post
Old 2004-04-09, 04:49   Link #1
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Soul Calibur 1 & 2 discussion/tips thread.

I've been playing SC1 since it came out on the DC (I still play it now) and I've been playing SC2 since my arcade first got it.

I've played with the best in the nation, and the best in Southern CA, and I still do to this day, we can't get enough matches, we always stop around 100 or so games whenever we do decide to play.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to help people who want to get serious about SC1/2 or impress their friends with new moves and new ways of playing, one of the reasons why I love SC1/2 is because like most fighting games you're restricted with a certain playing style for that character, but SC2 and MvC2 (Marvel vs. Capcom 2) are the only two games where you can actually develope your own style, and give you a lot more flexibility with what you can do. So you can always be fresh, and consitantly evolve your playing style by easily weeding out your weakpoints. And what makes SC2 such a great fighting game, imo, its easy to get in to and its in depth once you get into it, also its a fighting game that's not based on combos put on faking out your opponent and exploiting their weaknesses.

Well here's a run down of the characters I know:

SC1: Cervantes, Hwang, Xianghua, and Ivy.

SC2: Ivy, Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Ralphael, Astroath, Xianguha, Yun Sung, Hiehachi (PS2 verison), and Nightmare.

I know absolutely nothing for: Talim and Taki.

Since this a big game, I'll probably post tips on a few characters every now and then, but right now, I'll take any questions about terms, ideas, etc. etc. or if anyone living in the South Bay California wants to play, I'm always down.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote